Last Goodbye and Top 10 Recipes 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Taking a last look at 2020 and all that it had to offer. Plus, this post includes the top 10 recipes 2020!
Goodbye (and good riddance) 2020!
I’m still in shock over this year. Besides the very obvious Corona Virus outbreak, this year held Murder Hornets, countless hurricanes, wildfires, and it basically felt like someone turned the heat up to the roast setting on Earth. And of course, no matter which side you stand on the political spectrum, we can all agree that this election was one bumpy ride.
I think I can speak for all of us when I say that this year has been HARD. Being someone who works from home 99.99% of the time, I felt blessed that quarantine didn’t require major work-life changes for me. But getting used to social isolation wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. As an introvert, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for people like my husband who thrive in the company of others. So to keep things interesting for all of us, I put all the activities I could think of in a fun post at the beginning of the year. What activities (or hobbies) did you take up to pass the time in 2020?
Social isolation did have its advantages too though. We ended up purchasing our first compound miter saw and DIYed a bench, and put up shiplap! Not gonna lie; I felt like Joanna Gaines for 5 whole minutes and loved every minute of it. Then we took on the guest bedroom, and while I’m still finishing up that room, it has given me the push I needed not to be afraid to use a brad nailer, stick a little Liquid Nails on the wall, watch a few DIY videos and just go for it!
In other news, in the thick of social isolation, I bought a pizza stone and shared by no-knead pizza dough recipe that makes the closest thing to a Neapolitan pizza and comes out of your oven! Words don’t do homemade pizza justice; it’s something you have to try for yourself.
This past week we also took a road trip with our closest friends to Colorado. We focused on doing outdoor activities like hikes and small day trips to different parts of Colorado. It was the mental break that I needed while still responsibly social distancing.
We ate meals in the car, on outdoor patios, or back at the hotel. We didn’t have housekeeping in our hotel room, and I took a big bottle of antibacterial spray that I pretty much used on every surface of our room before we stayed in it.
All this to say that it can be done responsibly with a little planning and dedication.
Alright and finally, let’s get down to the top 10 recipes of 2020!
10. Pesto Baked Chicken in Tomatoes and Mozzarella – tomatoes and melty mozzarella. It’s a one-pan recipe that comes complete with robust pesto roasted tomatoes, cooked chicken, and melty mozzarella. Serve it over cooked pasta, rice, or with roasted veggies and garlic bread!
9. Comforting French Onion Meatballs – Rustic French onion chicken meatballs are tender little nuggets of goodness nestled in a creamy cozy French onion sauce. Top it off with cheese and run it under the broiler, and you’ve got the coziest meal ready to go.
8. Extra Crispy Roasted Potatoes – My favorite way to make extra crispy roasted potatoes. The trick is to parboil them and then let them roast in the oven so the outsides are garlicky and crispy and the inside is buttery soft!
7. Greek Chicken Meatballs in Lemon Cream Sauce – Delicious Greek chicken meatballs in a creamy dreamy lemon sauce. These meatballs are tender to the core! Nestled in a rich and creamy lemon sauce, they are perfect to serve over pasta, quinoa, or fluffy rice!
6. Smoked Salmon Chowder – A smoked salmon chowder loaded with tender potatoes, cream cheese for creaminess, and capers for a little added zing! This tastes just like the stuff they serve at the Seattle Pike Place Market!
5. Date Night Tuscan Ravioli – Store-bought ravioli tossed in a garlicky sun-dried tomato cream sauce topped with baby spinach, basil, and parmesan cheese. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
4. Sticky Mongolian Beef Meatballs – Turn your favorite Asian take out into Mongolian beef meatballs! These meatballs are made with ground beef and are tender to the core. Toss them in a sweet, savory, and sticky glaze and watch the crowd gobble them up for dinner or game day!
3. Perfect One Hour Whole Roasted Chicken – Basted with butter and sprinkled with herbs. The skin is perfectly crisp, and the chicken is juicy and tender! This homemade roasted chicken recipe is better than any rotisserie chicken you can buy at the store!
2. Hungarian Mushroom Soup – A hearty and comforting Hungarian Mushroom soup that’s sure to fill you right up. A dollop of sour cream is what makes this soup over the top — loaded with all the warm and cozy vibes!
1. Skillet Chicken in Balsamic Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce – Tender skillet chicken in balsamic caramelized onion cream sauce. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and you’ve got a restaurant-quality meal at home. And you won’t believe how easy it is to put this together!
Goodbye 2020 and I hope we never have to see a year like this one again!
See you in 2021!
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.