Thai Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing
So here’s the deal: currently this salad is the love of my life. This Thai Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing has stolen my heart (♥). True story.
Not only is this salad really fresh, it’s also really pretty. It’s like eating a rainbow. Um… yeah, I totally just said that. Stop looking at me that way!
For the past hour I’ve contemplated alternate titles for the dressing in this salad. This is all while listening jamming to the Backstreet Boys Pandora station and doing a little healthy virtual hoarding on Pinterest. And there may or may not have been some salad dressing licking involved. TMI? Pretend like I didn’t say that out loud. Okay?
So the titles… I’ll share a few:
- Can I Eat This for the Rest of My Life?
- HEEAVANNN (baby angels singing)
- Peanut Butter, Lime Time
- Sweet, Tangy, Spicy Dressing
- Mouth… Watering… for… More… GIMME!!!
- So Good You WANT to Eat this Salad for Breakfast
For breakfast. No, seriously. I actually did have this for (whispering) breakfast. Regular people don’t usually eat salads for breakfast. Unless it’s as good as this one. This one you’d eat for breakfast too. And maybe you’ll even have it again, tomorrow!
Sweet, sweet salad. I think I like this salad better than my last favorite. That was the Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad, incase you’re wondering!
Did I mention it’s packed with nutrition? Mhmm. Yup. That totally means you can have these for dessert.
For Peanut Lime Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (low fat or regular, whatever you like)
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, AND red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons EACH: lime juice, sugar AND chopped cilantro
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons EACH: canola oil AND honey
- 1 tablespoon EACH: minced garlic AND freshly grated ginger
For the Salad:
- 5 cups Napa cabbage (shredded coleslaw mix works too)
- 2 cups Red Cabbage
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame* (see note)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 whole carrots, shredded
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce, canola oil, sugar and honey and whisk until smooth. Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and sesame seeds and mix until combined. Alternately, you can combine all ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth. Let dressing rest for 10 minutes before tossing with salad.
- For the Salad: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, toss. Right before serving, drizzle peanut lime dressing over the top and toss.
- Edamame: found in the frozen veggie section at grocery stores. Look near the frozen green beans and such.