Espresso Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Today I made the best cookies, ever!
Not because they have espresso. Not because they have cocoa. Not because they have chocolate chips, or butter, lots and lots of delicious butter… Ahem. What were we talking about? Oh yes, that’s right; today I made the best cookies ever because I made a cookie that has all the delicious flavor and jolt of a shot of espresso with the delicious chewiness of a chocolate chip cookie.
These espresso double chocolate chip cookies are the bomb-diggity!
I imagine that I may win a prize for these espresso chocolate chip cookies one day. You know if the baking gods decide to hand out awards on the most caffeinated, chewy, chocolate chip cookie, ever. I think I may be a front-runner! I may even get a golden whisk with my name all nice and shiny on the front of it. My husband would have to pry it away from me at night because I’d hug it to sleep like a child does a teddy bear, in hopes that it’ll still be there when I wake up in the morning.
A girl can dream, can’t she? Until then… why don’t you give these a shot! Pun, totally intended.
Let’s get baking!
For this espresso double chocolate chip cookie recipe you will need tons of espresso powder! The more the better, I say! If your local grocery store doesn’t carry it, you can use instant coffee granules instead. The cookies will still be scrumptious but they will have a milder coffee flavor.
Sift all the dry ingredients together, including the cocoa powder and the espresso powder. This will ensure even distribution of the espresso powder throughout the cookie!
These will make your whole house smell fantabulous! I wish someone would invent that in the form of an air freshener. I’d run through tons of that stuff!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Place 2 racks in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Set aside for later use.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Once thoroughly combined, add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Reduce the speed to low and add the dry mixture into the batter in two batches. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using the 1 inch cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Add additional chocolate chips to the cookie balls, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Cookies will store up to 1 week in an air tight container.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.