ROASTED JALAPENO GUACAMOLE + 6 GAME DAY FOOD IDEAS
Pass me a breathe mint. Or three. But make sure you have some for yourself too. You’re gonna want to make this dip (and everything on this page)!
Let me introduce you to someone. Meet the newest member of our family: Roasted Jalapeno Guacamole.
She’s a sister to the regular Guacamole. Only she’s got an edge. A garlicky and spicy, edge. She’s a bit feisty but nothing you can’t handle.
She work’s well with others. I serve her with blue corn tortilla chips. But, carrot sticks, celery, and potato chips all pair well with her too.
And.. I’ve got a little surprise for you. Because I like you. I’ve got your entire BIG GAME menu, right here! I’ve got a little something for everyone. What are friends for?
Click the pictures for the recipes!
Now lets make this thing!
I rubbed down 2 jalapenos and a lime (cut in half) with a teaspoon of oil and roasted them on a cast iron skillet. You can do this in the oven, or on an outdoors grill as well. Let the jalapenos cool before removing the seeds and ribs. Leave them in for an even spicier fire burnin’ guac!
Roasted Jalapeno Guacamole
- 3 medium Haas Avocados
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime (zest + juice)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon red onions, diced
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced (seeds and pulp removed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest the lime, halve, set aside. Rub the jalapenos and lime halves with oil. Roast the jalapenos and the center of the lime until they char. About 5 minutes. Let cool. Remove seeds and ribs from jalapenos. Dice jalapenos and set aside.
- Juice the lime in a large bowl place the scooped avocado and toss to coat. Add the salt, cumin, and chili powder and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher.
- Then, fold in the onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
Yum! This sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try it out on our next house guests!
I’d love to hear your thoughts when you do! =)
Awesome recipe! I love guacamole 🙂
Thanks for sharing.
Pingback: Winner! Winner! Peppers for Dinner! : Ruffled Feathers and Spilled Milk
Can this be made ahead of time, if it’s kept in a sealed container?
For whatever reason the ingredients to this recipe are not showing up. I’ve made this recipe many times & it’s my family’s favorite. My son wanted me to make it for him tonight for his rehearsal dinner but I’ve been trying to get it to show up since last night. Is there any way you could send me the ingredients. Thanks.
Hi Susan, we’ve recently updated our site and are still converting our oldest posts over to the new format, so that’s why some recipes aren’t showing up! I went ahead and did this one first so you could grab it! Hope you enjoy the guacamole 🙂