Ricotta Toasts with Pistachios and Honey + 5 Reasons Why I Shop at ALDI
We’re going to make quick and easy ricotta toasts topped with chopped pistachios and drizzled in honey! The easiest appetizers for your next party!
Today’s post is sponsored by ALDI. We’re using delicious ALDI products (and ALDI Test Kitchen recipes) to make these ricotta toasts with pistachios and honey! Please note that though this is a sponsored post, all opinions expressed are my own. As part of my partnership with ALDI, I received an ALDI Delivered box as a fun way to sample and review products and recipes. This is not a new delivery service.
Step aside avocado toasts! We’ve got a new holiday appetizer in town that’s light, creamy, and just about the easiest thing to make. Can we get a round of applause for luxurious ricotta toasts, puhlease?
Not only are they a beauty to look at, this Ricotta Toasts with Pistachios and Honey recipe are going to score you some major points with your holiday guests, and I won’t tell them how easy they were to pull together if you won’t. ? It’s as simple as toasting a few slices of the Specially Selected All Natural Artisan French Baguette, smearing on some seasoned Happy Farms Preferred Ricotta Cheese and sprinkling on chopped Southern Grove Pistachios and a healthy drizzle of golden Berryhill honey. You need 8 simple ingredients for these ricotta toasts. And they’re also ready in under 30 minutes and everything you need can be found in ONE grocery store.
Before we get into this ridiculously easy appetizer/brunch item, I want to talk to you about something totally and completely different from what we usually talk about. And that’s WHERE we shop first, then WHAT we shop for. I know, I know, it’s completely not what we usually do. But I want to share my LOVE (read: obsession) for this wonderful grocery store. By the end of this post, you may even love it at least half as much as I do.
Specifically, I want to talk to you about ALDI. I grew up in a little suburb about an hour outside of Chicago. There probably wasn’t a single person in town that didn’t know what ALDI was. It was a regular stop on my mom’s grocery shopping routine. And I absolutely loved going with her because depositing a shiny quarter to get a shopping cart out was a 4-year-old’s dream job. So you can imagine how shocking it was when we moved to Houston and realized they weren’t blessed with ALDI stores yet. Luckily, that changed in a few years and now I’m totally back to my regularly scheduled ALDI trips. And yes, I get a little nostalgic every time I pop in a quarter to get a cart out.
Believe it or not, one of the questions I get asked most often as a food blogger is, ‘where do I buy my groceries from’? And when you think about it, it totally makes sense. I absolutely should have the low-down on the best grocery stores, WHAT to buy from there, and so on and so forth.
So here it is! One of my favorite grocery stores and why I LOVE shopping there along with WHAT I like to buy.
5 REASONS I LOVE SHOPPING AT ALDI:
- Small and to the point. Not your average grocery store. It’s a no frills, small format food market and not a thing like your average mega-marts. Their main focus is on HIGH QUALITY products that you can feel great about while saving you money — guaranteeing freshness and quality along the way.
- Great food at great prices. Here you save money even before you step inside the store. How? It’s as simple as depositing a quarter to use a cart. When you return it, you get your quarter back. It may seem like an odd system, but it’s actually set up to save you money. This way, the staff isn’t spending time chasing shopping carts in the lot. That time goes to focus on serving YOU inside the store. Also, there are no hidden costs when you shop ALDI stores. They choose to save shoppers money rather than have nonessential services like, in-store banking, pharmacies, or check cashing. But wait, i’m not done. They also offer competitive prices on everyday staples like milk, eggs, bread, and my personal favorite, cheese. ?
- Double Guarantee. Passionate about satisfying customers. Their double guarantee is: ‘If for any reason customers don’t like an ALDI exclusive brand food, ALDI will give them their money back and replace the product.’ Okay, that’s seriously pretty awesome. I can’t think of any other grocery store that will refund your money and REPLACE your product. If I wasn’t sold already, I would be after this.
- Food to fit your lifestyle. These days we all have specific dietary requirements we like to or have to follow. If you’re gluten-free, ALDI offers it’s exclusive liveGfree line of products for you. I personally love that they carry an organic food selection and if you do too, check out their SimplyNature line. Also, the Never Any! line has meats that are completely free of antibiotics, added hormones, and animal by-products. How great is it to get food that’s tailored to your diet at a low cost?
- ALDI finds. Last but definitely not least, those of us that get the occasional ‘itch’ to try new products, ALDI offers premium food and household products for a limited time. Just look for the ‘ALDI Finds’ label. These products are ever-changing so be sure to keep checking what’s new — but remember, these are limited time products!
I know, this post is getting long, but I don’t want to leave you without sharing a few of their products that I heart to the max. You wouldn’t believe how difficult it is for me to choose just 5, because the truth is, there’s a lot to love at ALDI.
But here we go:
- SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey and SimplyNature Organic Coconut Oil – I use these to sweeten my oats in the morning and love cooking and baking with coconut oil.
- SimplyNature Organic Milk – ALDI’s prices are the lowest i’ve been able to find in my area!
- Specially Selected Caramel Corn – because this makes the perfect snack when i’m having a relaxing night in.
- Stonemill Minced Garlic – okay, this really should come as no surprise! One of my all time favorite things that save me time. I use garlic in about 90% of my recipes so really, this is a no brainer!
- Specially Selected Brioche Buns – what? Yes! So I can feel all fancy and say these banh mi burgers are made with brioche buns. Yes, life complete. ??
Now about those ricotta toasts. It’s just 8 simple ingredients. You’re tossing the baguette slices in a little olive oil and sprinkling on a little salt, pepper, and parsley flakes. Into the oven they go just to get a little color on them. Then we’re going to spread on some cloud-like whipped ricotta cheese that’s seasoned with a pinch of salt and a hint of black pepper. Finally, top it with chopped pistachios and drizzle it with a little golden nectar. How easy is that?
These ricotta toasts are a breeze to put together. Grab the recipe and head to ALDI.
So that’s it! Just whatever you do, don’t forget your quarter and reusable shopping bags! You will go inside ALDI, find a millions things to buy, and are going to thank me you have a shopping cart and extra bags to put it in!
Happy shopping friends!
Stay up to date with news, shopping tips and recipes from ALDI by following their social channels: ALDI.us, blog.ALDI.us, Facebook.com/ALDI.USA, Pinterest.com/ALDIUSA, Twitter.com/ALDIUSA and instagram.com/ALDIUSA
Ricotta Toasts with Pistachios and Honey
We're going to make quick and easy ricotta toasts topped with chopped pistachios and drizzled in honey! The easiest appetizers for your next party!
- 10 slices Specially Selected All Natural Artisan French Baguette
- 3 tablespoons Carlini extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon Stonemill iodized Salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ teaspoon Stonemill ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup Stonemill parsley flakes
- 15 ounces Happy Farms preferred Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup Southern Grove pistachios, shelled and chopped
- ¼ cup BerryHill honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each slice of bread in half. In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley flakes, toss until coated.
- Lay each bread slice onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast for 4 minutes, flip, toast for 3 more minutes or until light golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon black pepper. Spread ricotta onto each toast, sprinkle with pistachios and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
A big thank you to our friends at ALDI for sponsoring this post! We love working with companies that make good, wholesome products!
So simple yet so delicious!
I brushed each side with olive oil instead of tossing.