3-Ingredient Spinach Green Onion Dip
The easiest 3-ingredient spinach green onion dip ever! It’s so quick and easy to put together and the flavors are out of this world! Serve with tortilla chips or butter crackers, you really can’t go wrong!
I’ll just drown my sorrows on a big bowl of green onion dip. This recipe is so quick and easy to whip up that a 5 year old could do it! But we’ll get to the recipe is just a sec.
How was your Christmas? What did you make? What did you get? I hope you ate a ton of Christmas cookies! The hubby and I tackled a major DIY project this Saturday and Sunday. My arms are still tired from all the sanding/painting/detailing. We painted 2 out of the 3 bathroom and gave the vanities a nice little facelift. It’s crazy how a simple paint job changes the room. It was a boring beige with a white vanity that was taking over half the place before. We changed up the colors of the wall and the vanity and I have major plans to give this bathroom a rustic/farmhouse feel. I’ll share pictures once we’ve put the entire room together.
OMG. It’s probably the easiest thing you can make and it’s perfectly in time for your big New Year’s shindig. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s 3 ingredients! It doesn’t get any better than that.
This green onion dip was a hit when I took it to a Festivus party last Wednesday. Are you familiar with Seinfeld’s Festivus? It’s this awesome, made up holiday that’s become a tradition. Anees’s friend, Paul, had his 4th annual party this year! The first year we went, I have to admit, I was a little lost. But it’s pretty fun and quick and easy to catch on. There’s a ‘Feats of Strength’ where the host wrestles (or in our case, arm wrestles a guest or two) and an Airing of Grievances (basically the host tells everyone in the room how you’ve disappointed him/her over the year). Paul assigns everyone a character from the show and everything. The hubby has been Jerry 4 years running. Why you ask? Because he’s probably the second biggest Seinfeld fan ever. And I got to be the coolest character ever this year – the Soup Nazi!
Let’s get back to this green onion dip. It’s 3 ingredients – sour cream, defrosted spinach, and a packet of green onion dip mix. That’s it! I added some scallions to the top and a pinch of red pepper flakes to the dip itself (but that’s optional) to give it a bit of heat. You can serve it with butter crackers or even tortilla chips.
No one will know that it took minutes to make. Aren’t those the best kind of dips?
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed with all the water squeezed out
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream (light sour cream works too)
- 1 (1.12 ounce) green onion dip mix
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the sour cream in a medium bowl. Using a whisk, blend the sour cream together until smooth. Add the spinach, green onion dip mix, and red pepper flakes (if using) and mix together using a spatula. Refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to come together.I decorated mine with chopped scallions but this is purely optional.
- The green onion dip mix is found in most grocery stores where they keep the mixes for guacamole, fried onion blossoms, etc.I found mine near the croutons just off the produce section.