A quick and easy 30 minute stir-fry recipe that’s really delicious. This ginger chicken stir-fry has simple ingredients, is healthy, and is loaded with flavor. Serve it over, brown rice, quinoa, or farro for a healthier take!
Why not treat you with a bowl loaded with al-dente veggies, tender chicken, and incredible sauce. This ginger chicken stir-fry is a staple at our place. I’ve been making it at least once a week. It’s a quick 30 minute meal that’s low on the calories so you can pile it high on quinoa, farro, or brown rice.
But we’ll get to this chicken stir-fry in just a minute.
How was your weekend? Good and restful, I hope. I taught a cooking class on Saturday with my bestie and blogger friend Fariha. She recently started a blog called Pennies for a Fortune. She does all sorts of fun DIY projects that are easy to make, look adorable, and totally budget friendly. Make sure to take a peek. She’ll be putting up the recipe she made for the cooking class soon. And if you’re curious as to what I made, check here. I made 2 loaves and they were both gobbled up in no time.
Oh and remember those cupcakes I shared on Instagram? They’ll be coming to the blog really soon. Those were our dessert on Saturday night after having a successful turnout at the cooking class. We totally celebrate in style, don’t we?
So after all of that dessert from this weekend, i’m going to be reeling it back in with this ginger chicken stir-fry.
I chose to use broccoli and mushrooms for this recipe because those are both ingredients that are available all year round. You can totally swap the veggies, or add in more to make it your own. I know it would taste fabulous with zucchini noodles, freshly chopped red bell peppers, or even asparagus!
Look at all that broccoli just popping off that plate. Let me tell you that this chicken stir-fry makes a bunch and is perfect for lunches all week long. Enjoy it on a bed of your favorite grains or put it atop some zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Regardless of how you decide to serve this ginger chicken stir-fry, it’s going to be a hit all round!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 4-5 cups (12 -14 oz) fresh broccoli, florets
- 1 small onion, cubed or sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a medium mixing bowl or a large measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Whisk until the cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown. Remove chicken to a plate, set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan, saute the broccoli, mushrooms, and onions together until the broccoli turns bright green and the mushrooms are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the sauce prepared in step 1 to the pan. Toss to coat, when the sauce starts to thicken (1-2 minutes), add the chicken back into the pan and just toss to coat everything. Serve warm with white or brown rice, farro, or quinoa.