M&M Cake Batter Cookies
Soft-baked and irresistible cake batter cookies speckled with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and M&Ms! These are the perfect cookies to serve at birthday parties and to give as treats for Valentine’s Day! Your self control doesn’t stand a chance!
This plate full of cake batter cookies is saying to me, kiss your self control goodbye.
A cookie that tastes like cake batter (and made with a cake mix!) studded with cute little tinsy weensy chocolate chips and sprinkles of all sorts plus they’ve got m&ms. I can’t resist fun Valentine’s Day colored M&Ms. Aren’t they the prettiest? I vote that pink M&Ms be included in the regular packaging all year round!
If you’re on a diet, I’m going to warn you, you may want to stop from scrolling down any further. These cookies will have you licking the screen.
They’re truly dangerous. Sweet cookies that smell like cake mix and taste like soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Did I mention the prep time takes just 5 minutes and you can have these cookies done in as little at 25 minutes? Told you they’re dangerous.
I’m a sucker for soft and chewy cookies with the crisper edges.
Today’s post is going to be a quick one. A) because it’s Friday and B) because you’re going to want to get these cake batter cookies in the oven as soon as i’m done giving you the recipe.
These cookies are made using cake batter. As in the cake mix you find at the store. As in no sifting of any sort. Just a little oil, a little leavening, a couple eggs, and sprinkles. Can it get any easier?!
Cake batter cookies are the simplest cookies ever. Mix everything together. Fold in your faves (chocolate chips, sprinkles, M&Ms, and anything else you please.) Let the cake batter rest for 10 minutes; bake. DONE.
The best way to eat these cookies. I should actually say the only way to eat these cookies, is shortly after they cool off. With a big glass of milk that’s got a wide enough mouth to dip cookies in. Mmm. One bite and it smells like cake but it’s soft and chewy like cookies, and the sprinkles. There’s just so much to love about them.
I like to get a cake mix that says there’s ‘pudding in the mix’. That’s what makes these cookies extra soft and chewy. And I don’t think anyone minds the pudding being there, either. 😉
So your tasks for this weekend including making these cookies, eating them and then doing it all over again on repeat.
M&M Cake Batter Cookies
Soft-baked and irresistible cake batter cookies speckled with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and M&Ms! These are the perfect cookies to serve at birthday parties and to give as treats for Valentines Day! Your self control doesn't stand a chance!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (one with pudding in the mix, such as Pillsbury
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup m&ms
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmies
- 2 tablespoons non pareils
- Position 2 rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix and the baking powder, whisk, set aside. In a glass measuring cup or a small bowl combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Use a whisk to mix everything together. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough. Make sure to work out all the flour pockets. Fold in the chocolate chips, m&ms, and if using, the rainbow jimmies, and non pareils. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart of prepared baking sheet. Stick a few additional m&ms and chocolate chips on if desired. Make sure the balls of dough are shaped like ovals, they should be taller and less wide.
- Bake the cookies for 10 -11 minutes. Do not allow the cookies to brown. Let the cookies cool for at least a few minutes on the baking sheet, do not try to move them without cooling on baking sheet first. Allow to cool on cooling rack for an additional few minutes. Press the tops gently if they are very puffy.
These cake batter cookies just look SO fun and super delicious too. Love m&m’s – and would love to eat one of these!
These are so pretty! Sprinkles on cookies always make me want to eat a dozen of them.
You don’t even have to add the extra calories or mess of frosting. Yeah. 🙂
Pingback: 29 Cake Batter Cookie Recipes - Spaceships and Laser Beams