Mixed Berry Agua Frescas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Refreshing and cooling mixed berry aqua frescas! I’m blending up blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries with a simple sugar syrup and water to make the most perfect summer drink!
Crisp, cool, and refreshing!
These mixed berry agua frescas have me falling in love with summer all over again! Even though this years summer (more like Houston monsoon) may have me ordering a boat and paddle on AMAZON. I don’t know about you, but when the hot months of summer hit, I need something cold and crisp to sip on to keep myself hydrated and going.
And HELLO! We’ve finally got a few days of sunshine to look forward to so you know i’ll be taking full advantage of these beautiful days. Berry agua frescas are sure to be a staple in our house this summer!
What are agua frescas you ask? There a simple blend of simple syrup, real fresh fruit or berries(because WHY would you use frozen berries in the summertime), and water. Thats it. So yes, you caught me, berry agua frescas aren’t really a thing. Most people prefer to blend up a watermelon, a cantaloupe, or even a pineapple, but WHY wouldn’t you blend up gorgeous strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries when they are in full swing.
The perfect agua frescas have 3 main components. You need fruit, water, and simple syrup. I like to add in a couple tablespoons of lime juice to help amp up the flavor of the fresh fruit and to give it a little citrusy kick.
We love serving up homemade berry agua frescas on #tacotuesdays and pretty much every other day of the week.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 3/4 cup water
- 4-5 cups fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- ice, to serve
- SIMPLE SYRUP: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Allow the sugar to dissolve completely. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a blender, combine the berries, 1/2 of simple syrup, lime juice (to taste) and 2 cups of water. Blend until the berries breakdown completely. Pour the remaining 2 cups of water into a serving pitcher and strain the blended berry mixture through a strainer into the same pitcher. Stir to combine. Adjust lime juice and simple syrup to preference. We needed all of the simple syrup as our berries weren't very sweet. Serve over lots of ice.
- If you'd like to make this with frozen berries, you can! Just thaw the berries completely before adding them to the blender as the frozen berries will turn this into something more similar to a smoothy than berry agua frescas!
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.