Healthy Garlic Parmesan Fries
Guess how many oven-baked fries I ate today? Okay. No, don’t really do that.
Hot, crispy, garlicky parmesan fries are going to come out of your oven tonight. They. Just. Are. And i’m willing to bet, the tray will be empty in a matter of minutes. Self control totally goes out the door when these healthy garlic parmesan fries are at stake. And it totally can. Because they’re baked!
As you can see from my half eaten wedge, I was having a little trouble keeping my fingers off these hot potatoes!
I LOVE french fries. Which is saying a lot because I don’t even really like potatoes. Shut the front door! I know! Who doesn’t like potatoes? This gal! But seriously. Even as a kid. I went through a love-hate relationship with potatoes. And so if I love these. You will LOVE these garlic and parmesan fries too.
For the last few weeks, I have been testing homemade and healthy recipes for french fries. It’s a sacrifice, sampling all those fries… well, let’s be real. Someone had to do it. But all that sacrificial work has come to an end at these healthy fries. I. will. look. no. further.
These fries are slightly spicy, salty, garlicky, and cheesy. They’re crispy, but not too crispy. Golden brown on the outside with just enough softness on the inside. They’re healthy. And did I mention garlicky? They’re totallllly garlicky.
And baked, so no ones counting… you can eat a few extras fries too!
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons (6 cloves) garlic, minced finely
- 4 Idaho Potatoes (cut into 8 long wedges each)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan + more for serving
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place two racks in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine the olive oil and minced garlic and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, thyme, cornstarch, grated parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss the potato wedges in the oil mixture and make sure each piece is coated completely. Sprinkle the cornstarch mixture over the potatoes and using a large spoon or your hands combine everything. Alternately, you can add all the ingredients into a ziploc bag and shake. Place the potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the potatoes for for 25 - 30 minutes or until the wedges are crisp, golden-brown. Top wedges with parsley and additional parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.