Garlicky Chicken Piccata
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Luckily for me, I found a hubby that loves pasta twice as much as I do.
But this! This has to be my absolutely favorite pasta dinner. EVER.
Oh this is ah-may-Zing!
Within the first few bites, it had earned a spot in our favorite dinner rotation. This is partly due to the phenomenal, rich, and bold flavors, speedy prep time, and the ease of preparing it for large crowds. I love quick prep meals. Said. Every. Person. Ever.
And mainly because of the garlicky-ness. That’s what makes this a 5 star dinner. The chicken filet that’s lightly dusted with flour, parmesan cheese, and garlic, pan fried to perfection. Lemon juice, chicken stock, capers, and more garlic are reduced to a slightly tangy sauce. All that atop a nest of spaghetti.
I don’t know about you but I could go for a bowl right now!
Oh. And friend to friend. Don’t forget the breath mints!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic (depending on how garlicky you want it, I used 2)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/3 cup (about the juice of 2 lemons) lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. of spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large plate, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, and granulated garlic. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. If serving family style, place the spaghetti in a serving platter, place chicken breasts on top, and pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. If serving individually, follow the same process into single portioned plates.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.