Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Crunchy Panko
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
A simple recipe for garlic parmesan roasted broccoli topped with crunchy panko! This is a quick and easy side dish that’s perfect for any day of the week as well as Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!
Hey there guys! Pardon me while I munch on a bit more of these garlic parmesan roasted broccoli topped with crunchy pan toasted panko. Gah! I can’t get over all this flavor and texture!
I’m bringing you a quick and easy recipe today (in a quick little post).
I have some HUGE news to share with you here in the next few days and the Little Spice Jar team has been gearing up for some exciting stuff. So while that’s going on behind the scenes, I wanted to share a quick and easy side dish that’s perfect for Thanksgiving tables everywhere.
All you need are a few simple ingredients. Broccoli is kind of a given, so no point for you there! A little panko that we’ll toast in a pan with a little olive oil and then the garlic infused oil for the broccoli.
The garlic oil is simple. When I make roasted broccoli I almost always do it this way. Because 1.) it’s AMAZING! 2.) who doesn’t love garlic? So here’s the deal – 3 tablespoons of olive oil +4 cloves of minced garlic + 1 pinch red pepper flakes + fresh thyme + salt and pepper. Mix it together in a tiny bowl and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds stopping half way to give it a stir. Voila! A quick garlic infused oil that’s perfect to drizzle on all your favorite veggies before roasting them in the oven. Pop it into a 425ºF oven for 11-14 minutes. And when the broccoli is done, give it a nice handful of parmesan and top with the pan toasted panko!
The hubby said he wanted to grab a baguette and dip it into the garlic infused oil.
Yes, it’s that good.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup Panko*
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spread the broccoli florets in an even layer in a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, salt, and pepper. Zap the mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds stopping half way to give it a stir. Drizzle the garlic infused olive oil on the broccoli and toss the broccoli to coat. Roast for 11-14 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the toasted panko.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the panko and allow it to toast for 2-4 minutes or until the panko turns light golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it and toss or stir every 30 seconds to keep from burning.
- When the broccoli is done, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toasted panko, serve warm!
- Panko is a type of Japanese breadcrumb that is usually available in the baking aisle at most grocery stores next to regular breadcrumbs.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF LITTLE SPICE JARS RECIPES! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN’, AND TUMBLR.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #LITTLESPICEJAR ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! ALSO, I’M ON SNAPCHAT! ADD ME –LITTLESPICEJAR.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.