The Easiest Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
The BEST and EASIEST 2 ingredient grilled chimichurri chicken. We’re marinating the chicken breasts in prepared chimichurri sauce and grilling it up! So flavorful and hardly any work at all!
On the menu for today and pretty much the rest of
summer forever: 2 ingredient grilled chimichurri chicken. ??
Simple and easy dinners are sort of my life right now. Mainly because design dilemmas are kinda sorta taking over my life. It’s been well over 6 months since we’ve moved into our first grown-up house and I am having all sorts of design anxiety. I mean, who am I right now? I’m the person thats made split-second decisions all through high school and college (albeit, I live to regret some of them) and now i’m having major commitment issues. Because i’m overthinking EVERYTHING. I promised i’d be sharing a glimpse into our home with you guys 6 months ago but the reality is that other than the kitchen, main family room, and guest bedroom, every other room in the house remains incomplete. That includes, 2 bathrooms that have yet to be remodeled, a half finished living room, dining room, and our bedroom. Think I may have bitten off a bigger bite than I can chew. ? Someone send HELP or COOKIES. Maybe make some decisions for me? ?
So while I split my time between the blog, the house, and having a life i’m going to be serving up tons and tons of simple dinners like this grilled chimichurri chicken. Day dream with me for a second will you? Simple boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs marinated for a quick 10-15 minutes in homemade chimichurri sauce in a zip-top bag and then grilled to perfection so the chicken is nice and tender on the inside with a perfect sear on the outside. All you really need is my homemade chimichurri sauce and some chicken.
2 ingredients. BAM. Dinner on the table.
Homemade chimichurri sauce sounds a lot more complicated than it really is my friends.
If you can spare a quick 5 minutes and load a few ingredients like, freshy fresh green herbs – cilantro, parsley, scallions with garlic, some olive oil and a little vinegar into a food processor and hit a switch, you’ve got homemade chimichurri sauce in a flash.
It’s bright, fresh, and robust. All things that a summer meal should be.
Sure my take on homemade chimichurri sauce might not be a traditional recipe, but friends I do guarantee that it tastes phenomenal as a marinade for grilled chicken.
Now all that’s left is marinating the chicken. I do this in a zip-top bag because if i’m grilling, I refuse to wash any more dishes than I have to. Is that weird? Because grilling some how adds up to a night off from the kitchen in my head.<– This is what happens when you run the dishwasher at least twice/ wash at least 20 dishes by hand a day. You skip them WHENEVER you can.
So remember this: ¼ cup chimichurri sauce for every 2 chicken medium sized breasts. That’s it! You can grill these up for a crowd, you know, with 4th of July just around the corner. ??? How about adding a little grilled chimichurri chicken to the menu?
The hubby and I made grilled chimichurri chicken a couple of weekends ago — this wasn’t a recipe I was going to put up — it was dinner. A quick, I-gotta-get-something-on-the-table-soon dinner. But one bite in, we unanimously agreed that this grilled chicken had to be shared with the rest of the world.
Simple dinners, no dishes to clean, and grilled chicken for dinner. I can deal.
- ½ cup homemade chimichurri sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for sprinkling
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add the chimichurri sauce into a quart sized zip-top bag. Add the chicken breasts, seal the bag, and give it a good squish and shake until the chimichurri sauce evenly coats the chicken breasts. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, heat the grill. Spray a light coat of cooking spray before grilling. Remove the chicken breast from the marinade Place chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side. Chicken is done when browned on the outside, firm to the touch or registers 160ºF. Let chicken cool for 3-5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
- I do not suggest marinating the chicken for more than 20 minutes because chimichurri sauce contains red wine vinegar which will break down the chicken pretty quickly.
- You can also grill the chicken indoors on a grill pan or a cast-iron skillet. Cooking time will vary slightly, just keep an eye on it and feel for firmness.
- If you are grilling chimichurri chicken for a large crowd, remember you need about ¼ cup of chimichurri sauce for every 2 chicken breasts.
IS THIS A GOOD CHOICE FOR YOU?
Nutritional facts provided are for ¼th of the recipe.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF LITTLE SPICE JARS RECIPES!
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #LITTLESPICEJAR ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! ALSO, I’M ON SNAPCHAT – USERNAME: LITTLESPICEJAR.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.