Crunchy Chicken Caesar Wraps
Crunchy Chicken Caesar Wraps are the handheld version of the classic salad! Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Use homemade crunchy chicken tenders or store-bought breaded chicken for an even quicker meal!
Croutons might be the best part of a Caesar salad, but I’m not even a bit sorry that I totally nixed them from this wrap.
The crunchy breaded chicken tenders add plenty of crunch to these chicken Caesar wraps without having to stuff croutons into a wrap. That’s not to say you couldn’t add them if you wanted to!
The homemade caesar dressing, crisp romaine lettuce, and shaved parmesan cheese totally make these wraps unbelievable. It’s like eating a portable chicken caesar salad. And who could be mad at that
I use my two-minute homemade Caesar salad dressing for this recipe, but I wouldn’t ding you here if you wanted to use store-bought dressing. Grab a pack of large flour tortillas while you’re at it! And if you’re trying to make these for a sporting event, football watching, church picnic, or any other activity involving feeding a large group of people, make it even easier by skipping the homemade chicken tenders and using store-bought strips instead.
Ingredients for homemade Chicken Caesar Wraps:
- Prepared Chicken Strips or Tenders: my homemade recipe for chicken tenders if perfect to use here! You can also make the tenders in advance, reheat them in the air fryer and them make wraps. I totally use leftover chicken tenders to make these wraps and they’re always a hit with hubby!
- Caesar dressing: can be found in almost any grocery store these days. But still, I usually prefer to put together my 2-minute recipe. It’s as simple as adding everything into in a mason jar and using a hand blender to combine! You’ll need garlic, anchovy paste (or fish sauce), Worcestershire sauce, parmesan, lemon juice, egg yolks, mayo, oil, dijon, and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Tortillas: If you’re making these for adults, I suggest using large burrito sized tortillas. For picnics and such, you could also use fajita tortillas, just be sure to use smaller chicken strips, or dice up the chicken!
- Romaine Lettuce: adds crunch to the wraps! You can diced up the lettuce or use leaves, your call!
- Parmesan Cheese: I like to use shredded parmesan cheese for that real caesar salad taste.
Chicken Caesar Wrap recipe:
- Prepare the tenders. Start by making chicken tenders or strips. I usually air fry my chicken tenders, but you could also bake them in the oven or fry them in a deep fryer. Allow the tenders to cool a bit before making wraps.
- Make the dressing. If you’re using store-bought dressing, you can skip this step. For homemade dressing just toss everything into a mason jar and whizz it until it come together, you can also make it int he blender. If you want to make the dressing lighter, wrap the mayonnaise for greek yogurt!
- Wrap it up. Heat the tortillas in the microwave wrapped in a slightly damp kitchen towel and warm hemp or 15-30 seconds until they heat through. You could also heat them in a skillet or in the oven. Once you do the prep work it goes pretty fast! Place the tortilla in front of you and generously add a handful of chopped lettuce to the lower third of the tortilla. Top with the chicken tenders; you’ll need 1-2 tenders depending on the size. Then add shaved parmesan. And finally, add 2-3 tablespoons caesar dressing. You can always add more or less to your taste! Then fold in the sides of the tortilla towards the center, and roll the tortilla up. Slice down the center to show off the fillings before serving.
FAQs about chicken caesar wraps:
- Can I use naked chicken tenders instead of breaded? Yes! You could also just use grilled chicken breast. I would season the chicken with a bit of garlic powder, along with kosher salt and pepper or just use a poultry seasoning instead. Cut them into strips after grilling or dice the chicken.
- Can I add additional ingredients to the wrap? You can totally make this your own! Add turkey bacon, sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, other veggies, avocado, a smear of hummus, or anything else you like!
- If I’m making these in advance, should I hold off on adding the dressing? I suggest serving the dressing as a dip on the side, or keeping the dressing mixture in a squeeze bottle so you can quickly unwrap and squeeze it on when you’re serving.
- How can I make these wraps low carb? To make these low carb, I would suggest swapping the breaded chicken for grilled chicken. You’d also want to use a low carb tortilla or even a jicama, egg, or cheese wrap instead. These swaps will make these high protein and low on the carbs!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Kale Caesar Salad with Toasted Breadcrumbs
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini Caesar Salad
- Grilled Romaine Chicken Caesar Cobb Salad
- Southern Pickle-brine Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Smashed Chickpea Green Goddess Sandwiches
- CHICKEN TENDERS: If you’re using store-bought chicken tenders, prepare according to package directions. If you’re using mine, the recipe is listed here.
- DRESSING: While the chicken is baking or air frying, prepare the Caesar salad dressing.
- WARM TORTILLAS: Wrap the tortillas in a slightly damp kitchen towel and warm them for 15-30 seconds in the microwave. You can also heat them in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil or in a skillet on the stove.
- WRAPS: Place a tortilla in front of you, add a generous handful of lettuce to the lower ⅓ of the tortilla. Top with the chicken, you’ll need 1-2 tenders depending on the size. Add shaved Parmesan cheese on top, and drizzle in prepared Caesar dressing. Fold the two sides of the tortilla in over the fillings, then roll up. Slice down the center before serving.