Corn and zucchini sauce is a 10-minute side dish that’s perfect with any meal. Sautéed zucchini, bell peppers, and corn with seasonings that you’ve already got in the pantry. Serve this corn and zucchini sauté with fish, chicken, or beef entrees!
I rarely post side dishes. You know it’s true.
And that’s because after spending time making the main entree, I refuse to spend even a minute making anything else. Except dessert. I’ll spend hours making that and not even complain :P. But when it comes to side dishes, it’s usually a salad, quick baked potato, or any veggie that I can toss with a couple of dried herbs and roast in the oven that gets served up in this house. That’s until I made this corn and zucchini saute.
Being a food blogger means that I
work play with food all day long. But that doesn’t mean that when it comes to dinner, we eat like kings and queens every night. Having two people at home and usually making recipes that are fit for a family of 4 or more means that the hubby and I enjoy A LOT of leftovers.
I’m willing to bet most food bloggers, if not all, usually either don’t cook at home on nights when they aren’t working or survive off of quick recipes, like scrambled eggs and popcorn. I assure you, when the hubby isn’t home for dinner, I spoil myself silly with a couple of scrambled eggs stuffed inside tortillas covered in salsa and crushed tortillas.
So to make up for all the salsa and tortilla chips I’ve consumed, I’m serving up this corn and zucchini sauté. It’s a quick 10-minute recipe that’s perfect for when you’re entertaining or if you just need something easy to go along your grilled meats during the summertime. I’ve served this zucchini sautê with grilled chicken, this easy chicken dinner when I want extra veggies or this salmon. I’ve even served up my corn skillet sauté for thanksgiving. I assure you, the crowd goes wild.
Corn and zucchini sauté is a recipe I grew up on. My mom has been making a version of this for at least the last 20 years! By now we’ve pretty firmly established that I wasn’t a typical child growing up. Yes, it’s true, I WUVED veggies. My brother and I would gobble this up at dinner time and gladly polish off the leftovers for an afternoon snack.
The ingredients are simple, a little fresh or frozen corn, a couple of zucchinis, and red and green bell pepper. Chopped onions, a little Italian seasoning, and dried basil makes this the perfect warm corn and zucchini salad or side dish for a weeknight dinner or for when you’re entertaining.
And it takes 10 minutes, you can’t beat that!
Corn and Zucchini Saute
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 zucchinis (about 3 cups), sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, AND dried basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet or medium-high heat. Add the onions to the skillet and cook until they become fragrant and translucent about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and continue to cook until the zucchini begins to crisp up on both sides, about 3 minutes. Add the peppers and corn, allow them to heat through for 1-2 minutes or until the peppers brighten in color. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and basil, toss to combine. Check for seasonings and adjust to preference. Serve warm.
©. All images & content are the sole property of Little Spice Jar. Please obtain permission prior to using my images. If you would like to republish a recipe, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
Love this recipe?
Have you made this recipe? Take a picture and share it on Instagram using the hashtag #LITTLESPICEJAR. I love seeing your delicious creations!