Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites are seasoned with cajun seasoning seared in a hot pan and tossed in garlic butter! So delicious and easy to serve as a main entree or an appetizer!
This recipe is sponsored by Challenge Butter. We’re using their high-quality unsalted butter to make today’s Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites!
Cajun steak bites are seriously the most delicious tender nuggets of goodness!
They’re seasoned with cajun seasoning and left to hang out while you prep the remaining ingredients (which, luckily, is just pressing some garlic and chopping a sprinkling of parsley.) Then you toss it all in a screaming hot skillet until the steak bites sear and turn golden around the edges!
And the best part – this recipe will work if you’re doing keto, but it’ll also be delicious to serve alongside tons of veggies, a giant baked potato, buttered egg noodles, with garlic bread on the side; and about 1000 other ways!
Ingredients for Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites:
- Unsalted Challenge Butter: We’ll create garlic butter to toss the steak bites in at the end. I love using Challenge Butter for this recipe because it is made the old fashion way – churned fresh daily from milk from happy cows at their local family-owned dairies. It’s made from fresh sweet cream and doesn’t contain added hormones, additives, or fillers.
- Oil: We use high heat oil to quickly sear the steak pieces before tossing them in homemade garlic butter.
- Steak: You want to make sure you use steak that’s cut into uniform 1-inch pieces. Making sure all the pieces are the same ensures that they’ll cook up in the same amount of time.
- Seasonings :We’re keeping it pretty simple for this recipe with just some cajun seasoning (or creole) and some white pepper. I do find that white pepper gives t bites an extra boost of flavor, so I highly recommend grabbing some for this recipe. In a pinch, you can use black pepper if you’d like!
- Garlic: Freshly pressed garlic combined with the butter make the garlic butter sauce that we’ll toss these steak bites in right at the end before serving.
- Parsley: adds both freshness and a pop of color to the bites!
How to make Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites:
- Season and sear. The first step is to toss the steak bites with the seasonings and allow it to hang out for a few minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients. Once you’ve got everything prepped, this will go super fast! Start by adding the oil to a screaming hot pan. You don’t want it to smoke, but you want the oil to get shiny and be very hot. The key to delicious steak bites is to sear the meat instantly. This will create a nice crust by browning. Browning creates flavor in this recipe! Once the steak is cooked, remove it to a plate.
- Garlic Butter: Add the butter and garlic to the skillet and allow the garlic to cook and become fragrant. Toss the steak back into the skillet and coat in the garlic butter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
FAQs about Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites:
What kind of steak works best for this recipe?
You can use a variety of cuts for this recipe. The easiest one to find (and it’s also affordable) is sirloin steak. However, tenderloin, strip steak, rib eye will also work. You want to make sure the steak pieces are all the same size so that they cook at the same time. Also, be sure to cut against the grain to ensure tender bites!
How do you keep the butter from burning?
We keep the butter from burning by searing the steak bites in oil, adding the butter at the end, and tossing the steak bites in the garlic butter sauce for a few seconds before serving. This will help provide the flavor without burning the garlic or butter.
Can you serve these as an appetizer?
Yes, absolutely! You can serve steak bites as a hot appetizer with a spicy sauce of some kind if you’d like!
What do you suggest serving steak bites with for a meal?
I love serving them with homemade cheddar mashed potatoes, buttered egg noodles, baked potatoes, no knead bread + a salad, zucchini and corn saute, or crispy roasted potatoes! The possibilities are truly endless.
Thank you to our friends at Challenge Butter for sponsoring this post! We love working with companies that make good, wholesome ingredients!
- 1 ½ pound sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch pieces (fat trimmed)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cajun seasoning (or creole)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon high heat oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted Challenge Butter
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- SEAR: In a medium bowl, toss the steak with the cajun seasoning and white pepper until evenly combined. Add the oil to the large skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure the oil is hot before adding the steak pieces. Do this in batches if you have a smaller pan. Allow the steak pieces to cook untouched for 1-2 minutes so that they sear. Then toss and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden and brown on the outside.
- FINISH: Remove the steak bites to a plate; keep warm. Lower the heat to medium, add the butter to the pan, and allow it to melt. Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the steak bites back to the skillet and toss in the garlic butter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately!
STEAK: other cuts you can use include tenderloin, strip steak, rib eye, etc.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.