Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad
An easy, 20 minute recipe for bacon avocado pasta salad. Fusilli pasta, Roma tomatoes, red onions, parmesan cheese, bacon, and avocados tossed in a lemon and olive oil vinaigrette. Totally weeknight perfect!
I’m sneaking bites of bacon avocado pasta salad from the refrigerator as I type this. That’s because I didn’t get enough when I had it for lunch yesterday. Then again, for dinner.
And I even contemplated having it for breakfast. I decided against it, obvi. Because that’s absurd.
Then, I gave in. Pictures of this bacon avocado salad tortured me as I edited them. I’ve got 10 forks in my sink now. Because I kept telling myself that once I put it in the sink I wouldn’t come back for more.
That really worked, didn’t it? All 10 times.
Besides discovering that warm avocados are delicious, especially when complemented with bacon, I learned another important lesson: when the recipe calls for 1 avocado, I should really be buying 2-3. Somehow, between dicing avocados and placing them with the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl, they disappear. How does that even happen? 😉
In this pasta, I spy, with my little eye, avocados, tomatoes, red onions, fresh parsley, basil, and bacon. How can you go wrong with that? Really. Just take a minute to appreciate all. that. flavor.
I’ve vowed to deliver full on flavor today within 20 minutes. Start to finish. And all you really need is one pot. I’ve also used turkey bacon to make this meal a bit healthier. You can use veggie bacon, regular, or whatever you prefer. That sounds like a (5) ☆☆☆☆☆ dinner to me!
I think you might agree.
1. Boil your pasta
2. Cook your bacon
3. Chop your veggies
4. Make your lemon and olive oil vinaigrette
5. Dive in!
Because I guarantee you that this bacon avocado pasta salad will disappear quickly. 😉
For the Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad:
- 14 oz fusilli pasta
- 8 bacon strips (I used turkey bacon, you can use regular, vegetarian strips, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 XL avocado or 2 medium, diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, chiffonade
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika, or more to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
To make the bacon avocado pasta salad:
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook our pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside. While, the pasta is cooking, Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Let cool completely before dicing.
- Combine the pasta, cooked bacon, red onions, tomatoes, avocado, parmesan, parsley, and basil in the same pot as you cooked the pasta or a large bowl.
To make the vinaigrette:
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl, using a small whisk or a fork, whisk the ingredients until they are completely combined. Alternately, you can add the ingredients into a small cover, cap it, and give it a good shake.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad when ready to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.