A delicious stuffed french toast with fresh strawberries and cream cheese. This Strawberry cream cheese stuffed french toast is going to be the star of a summer brunch! Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or just a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Hello summery brunch goodness!
Let’s rephrase that – hello summery brunch goodness that will have your guests raising their pinkies while drinking their morning coffee because this stuffed french toast is that luxurious.
We’re making swanky swanky food that’s ridiculously easy to pull together. This strawberry cream cheese stuffed french toast is going to be a hit with 3 year olds and 63 year olds alike.
If I could eat one kind of food forever (and ever) and still fit into my clothes, I would eat this stuffed french toast. What gives this french toast recipe an outta-this-world-flavor is the strawberry cream cheese paired with fresh strawberries. It’s a fluffy pink cloud of tangy sweet deliciousness. My fingers, more than once, found themselves dipping into the cream cheese container. It really is a good thing that I work alone. 1. because that’s kind of gross and 2. because no one can stop me.
These stuffed french toasts are just as simple to make as their not-so-interesting cousins. The only thing that makes them different – slicing the bread in 2 inch thickness and then cutting a slit in the center of the slice so that we can stuff it full of sweet cream cheese and sliced berries.
Once you’ve tried the strawberry stuffed french toast, I’ve got lots of other flavor combinations for you to try that are going to be amazing!
1. Honey pecan cream cheese with blueberries
2. Pineapple cream cheese with raspberries
3. Dark chocolate cream cheese with strawberries (or raspberries)
Don’t stop there. If there are any other combinations you try, i’d love to hear about them!!
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (plus more for serving)
- 4 oz of strawberry cream cheese, softened (see note)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2% or 1%)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices of bread cut into 2 inch thickness (such as french bread)
- Butter and/or oil for frying
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Heat a skillet or an electric griddle to 325-350 degrees F.
- Using a paring knife, cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ that your fruit and cream cheese will get stuffed into. Spread 1 oz of cream cheese into each ‘pocket’ and divide and stuff sliced strawberries inside each pocket.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Use a hand blender or an immersion blender to get the job done quicker.
- Soak two of the bread slices in the mixture for about 30 seconds on each side. Meanwhile, over medium heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter + 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet pan. Place 2 slices into the pan and cook until gold brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Melt more butter + oil in skillet pan for the next batch. Serve immediately with more fresh berries, whipped cream, and powdered sugar.
Love French Toast? Try this recipe too: