A simple and easy recipe for asian grilled chicken! It’s a quick chicken marinade with soy sauce, minced garlic, rice vinegar, ground ginger, and one secret ingredient that makes the chicken SUPER tender!
Friends we’ve got summer food on the menu today.
This is the easiest and best way to make chicken ever. Like hands down, period. I’m not even joking around with this one. We’ve got great grill marks on the outside and tender, not dry chicken on the inside. And it’s all thanks to a secret little ingredient (thanks mom!) that mom uses when she’s making her famous Persian grilled chicken.
And though this grilled asian chicken can be marinated for a quick 30 minutes and on the grill and ready to eat in no time, I like to marinate it overnight or for around 6-10 hours if/when possible. So if you can toss a bunch of ingredients in a zip top bag and give it a good shake before you head out for work in the morning, you will seriously have the most tender and perfectly cooked grilled chicken of your life with less than 15 minutes of hands on time for dinner.
With the summer months tiring us out, the hubby and I are trying to lower the intake of refined carbs in our diet and substituting it with fresh salads, roasted veggies, and grilled chicken and fish to keep us energized and feeling light. And friends, these grilled chicken breasts have a whopping 33 grams of protein and come in at just over 200 calories! Talk about filling but still light.
Ingredients for simple asian grilled chicken:
And seriously, in all honesty, the marinade in this recipe takes around 2 minutes to prepare. We’re using equal parts: rice vinegar, light soy sauce, sambal oelek, and (drum roll) mayonnaise – THIS is the secret ingredient that will make your chicken tender and juicy on the inside and sticky, golden brown, saucy, and delicious on the outside.
Along with that you’ll need a little:
- minced garlic
- ground ginger
Coming in at just 10 simple ingredients that you’ve got right at home!
Tender, juicy, and loaded with flavor, this grilled asian chicken is perfect for when you’re entertaining and you have a million and one things to make. How great would it be if the main entree was a cinch to pull together? This makes enough enough marinade for 4-6 chicken breasts.
And I don’t know about you, but ain’t nobody gonna say no to a little asian grilled chicken in this house! This is the kind of recipe that you can pull out week after week and no one will complain! I served this with a little grilled zucchini and a baked sweet potato but really the possibilities are endless! You could even try adding a little lemon/lime juice to the marinade if you want it to have a more pronounced Thai flavor. I’m calling is asian grilled chicken because really, it has tons of asian ingredients but doesn’t necessarily tip heavily towards any specific cuisine like, korean, vietnamese, japanese, or thai.
And for all my chicken thigh aka dark meat eaters out there! This recipe works wonders with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I’m not one of those people that would agree with the above statement, but the huzy would definitely give it 2 thumbs wayyyy up!
The beauty of this easy asian grilled chicken recipe is that even someone without a grill can make it! Or even someone WITH a grill who is wayyy to lazy/practical to stand outside in 101 degrees weather with the sun beating down on her/him. Because a cast iron grill is a girls best friend, y’all!
So this pretty much sums up all the reasons you need this damn delicious chicken in your life. Have I left anything out?
If you’re looking for an easy grilled chicken recipe, this one has summer 2016 written all over it!
SOOOO MUCH YUMMINESS!
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (or sambal oelek or gochujang)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, sriracha, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and ground ginger until smooth. You can also just add the ingredients into a blender or food processor and just give it a few quick pulses.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip top bag. Pour the prepared marinade on top, zip the bag and give it a good shake until the chicken is evenly coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes – 10 hours. Keep in mind that the longer you let the chicken sit in the mayonnaise mixture the more tender and flavorful your chicken will be!
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Spray the grates with nonstick cooking spray if desired. Place the chicken breasts on the grill, discard any leftover marinade. Cook the chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Serve immediately, garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
IS THIS A GOOD CHOICE FOR YOU?
Calories based on 1 1/4 pounds of chicken divided into 4 servings. The nutritional facts also only include a portion of the marinade as most of it will be discarded!