An easy to make one pot cheeseburger pasta that requires barely any dirty dishes and cooks up so quickly! This cheeseburger pasta is way better than the stuff you find in a box at the store. One-pot cheeseburger pasta is sure to be a hit with the cook and the family!
Hurray for one pot cheeseburger pasta meals that require very little work and please a crowd at the same time. Those are truly my favorite type of meals. Easy to make + crowd pleaser = a happy family.
Hello from chilly Toronto! Yes, i’m still on vacation in case you checked in here and are wondering.
Let me tell you, it’s REALLY cold for a girl that’s been in Houston for half her life! It’s been between the low 70’s – 50’s here. And some of us didn’t bring their cardigans. I was
slightly majorly bummed when I came to find out how cold (read: cool) the temperatures are here. Bummed because I had so many wardrobe possibilities that I can’t wear back in Houston. What a waste!
A big bowl of cheeseburger pasta would definitely cheer me (and warm me) up.
One-pot cheeseburger pasta starts in 1 large dutch oven or a deep skillet. Start by browning the ground beef with the aromatics – onions and garlic. Once the meat is browned, it’s as simple as tossing the last bit of ingredients in there and letting it simmer for 15-20 minutes. That. Is. It.
To make this cheeseburger pasta a little more waistline friendly, you can use ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, and low-fat cheddar cheese. And trust me, with all the flavor that’s packed in here, you won’t even be able to tell it’s skinny!
Grab a fork, it’s time to dig in!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey (lean or extra lean)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large pot or deep skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, ground beef, onions, and garlic. Season with the salt and pepper and sauté for 5 -7 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, pasta, mustard, ketchup, and red pepper flakes, cook for 13 – 16 minutes on low heat, until the pasta is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Use the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top along with the scallions and tomatoes, cover and let the cheese melt completely. Serve immediately.