Top 12 Recipes of 2021!
It’s that time of the year where we count down the top 12 recipes of 2021 on Little Spice Jar! From appetizers to mains (lots and lots of mains) to desserts. You guys liked a bit of everything this year!
I have to confess, this is one of my favorite posts of the year! Where I get to look back and check out what it is that you guys liked the most this year!
Usually, it’s soups, pastas, and tons of main dishes. But this year, we’ve got an appetizer, not one, but two desserts, and of course, healthy mix of pastas, and even some main dishes!
And I’m so glad the day to share the top 12 recipes of 2021 is finally here! So without further ado, let’s get started!
12. Classic Banana Pudding: Homemade banana pudding is a southern classic! This easy dessert recipe is perfect for potlucks, picnics, barbecues, during the holidays and so much more. Made with a vanilla-scented pudding, fresh banana slices, and vanilla wafers!
11. Crispy Rice Spicy Salmon: Crispy Rice Spicy Salmon recipe is the perfect two-bite appetizer or main course. Pan-fried sushi rice cakes topped with smashed avocado and spicy salmon, so easy and so delicious!
10. Weeknight Salmon Sushi Bowls: Easy salmon sushi bowls loaded with all your favorite sushi toppings. This salmon sushi bowl can be made with smoked, leftover, or broiled salmon! Easily customizable and filling!
9. Creamy Paprika Chicken Pasta: Creamy, extra delicious Paprika Chicken Pasta! Seasoned and seared chicken breasts served with an easy, mostly-pantry-staple pasta recipe! You can serve this with steamed veggies for a quick weeknight-friendly meal!
8. How to Make Perfect Basmati Rice: Learn how to make perfect basmati rice just like your favorite Indian restaurant! This fluffy, fragrant rice is easy to achieve at home with my method.
7. Simply Cozy Homemade SpaghettiOs: Homemade SpaghettiOs are the ultimate comfort food! Made with just a handful of simple pantry ingredients, this recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and can be a side or a full meal!
6. Italian Orange Cake: Bright citrusy Italian orange cake is made with seasonal fresh oranges! We’ve got whole oranges inside the batter and deliciously sweet candied oranges on top! The perfect way to celebrate this beautiful citrus fruit!
5. Quick Homestyle Chicken and Gravy: Homestyle chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes is the ultimate weeknight-friendly comfort food. Made with simple ingredients easily found in most kitchens. This chicken with gravy recipe requires minimal prep work. Season the chicken and cook both the chicken and gravy in one pan!
4. Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme: Better than drive-thru! Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is easily customizable with your favorite toppings! Use ground beef, turkey, ground chicken, or meatless crumbles! You can also swap the meat for refried beans and stuff it with just about anything you like!
3. Chicken Lazone: Creamy chicken Lazone is a one skillet, 30-minute, weeknight-friendly dinner recipe that is sure to please the pickiest eater! Serve over pasta, rice, caulirice, or fresh bread to soak up that golden delicious sauce!
2. Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Gravy: Mouthwatering and cozy Salisbury Steak Meatballs are a twist on the traditional recipe. I love making these tender meatballs and serving them with a hearty onion + mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes, fluffy rice, or buttered egg noodles.
1.Weekend Braised Beef Ragú: A simple weekend braised beef ragù that is perfect for a warming Sunday supper. Just set it up and let it slowly simmer all day until the meat is fall-apart tender. It’s seriously the most comforting meal!
I’ll also like to take a second to mention my favorites! I loved the white chicken chili and the palak paneer recipe from this year. If you’ve made any recipes from the blog this year, I’d love to hear yours as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read the blog this year!
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year! Here’s to a brighter 2022!