SUMMER STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
A summer strawberry lemonade recipe that’s quick and easy to make! It’s sure to please a crowd! And its perfect to serve at parties.
If there’s one drink that should be simple, but somehow always turn complicated, it’s a strawberry lemonade. And to that I say, kiss – no not the kind where you pucker up. I mean the keep is simple… kind.
A few of my favorite things join forces today in this so summer drink. Super delicious, sweet and tart strawberries with crisp, cold lemonade.
Pretty colored drinks with lemon wedges just taste better, right?
I’m a sucker for a good strawberry lemonade.
When the hubby and I went on our honeymoon 2 years ago to Mexico (coincidently the first week of July), I lived off of these things! They always served them in these tall fluted glasses with cute little umbrellas and lemon wedges right at the beach. Now that is the way to spend the 4th. Spread out on a beach chair under a big umbrella with a
good great book and a jumbo glass of strawberry lemonade.
Let’s jump right into this recipe.
Start by making the simple sugar syrup. This is easy! Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan and cook on medium until the sugar completely dissolves. Mine took exactly 9 minutes. Let the simple sugar syrup cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Make the strawberry puree: Puree the strawberries and 1/2 cup of water in a blender smooth. Strain the strawberry puree through a sieve, into a large pitcher.
Assembly: Zest one lemon and juice 6-8 lemons until you achieve 3/4 cup of lemon juice. Add that to the pitcher of strawberry puree along with 1/2 cup of water. Pour in the simple sugar syrup prepared earlier. Give it a good stir. Let the strawberry lemonade cool for at least 1 hour. Serve with fresh lemon wedges, strawberries, and ice.
Smooth strawberry lemonade with just a little kick at the end. The perfect drink for every day of summer.
Simple sugar syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 10 oz (almost 2 cups) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cold water
For the lemonade:
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cold water (you may need up to an additional cup of water)
- lemon slices, fresh strawberries, ice (optional, for serving)
For the simple sugar syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. About 8-9 minutes. Let cool at room temperature while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
For the strawberry puree:
- Puree the strawberries and water together until the strawberries breakdown completely.
To make the strawberry lemonade:
- Strain the strawberry puree using a sieve into a large pitcher. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cold water, and the simple sugar syrup. Stir. Give the lemonade a taste. If it's too concentrated for your taste, add in that additional cup of water and stir.
- Let the strawberry lemonade cool for at least an hour before serving. Serve with lemon slices, fresh strawberries, and ice cubes.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.