The perfect weeknight dinner! This Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon is sprinkled with a homemade rub then brushed with maple syrup and popped under the broiler until it’s a sweet and spicy masterpiece!
Are we really bouncing into October already?
Where is this year going? And why are we still well in the 80s in Houston? I’m so ready for comfort food for the next five months. Instead, I’m sitting here still running the air conditioner on full blast and eating a SALAD with my maple glazed salmon. As the name suggests, it’s a sweet yet spicy glazed salmon recipe but the best part is you only need a handful of ingredients, and it comes together in a flash. Don’t be surprised when you get multiple requests for maple glazed salmon in one week.
Things that I find easy to make on weeknights:
- frozen pizza
- spicy maple glazed salmon
And though number 1 and 2 are on the menu more often then I’d like to admit, maple crusted salmon tastes way better and works well for meal prep throughout the week.
I kid you not; we made this salmon recipe not once but twice in a week because lawdd it has the most addicted sweet, spicy action going on. And even after hubby had it about four times, he still came home one night to tell me that his lunch (which for the second time, was this recipe) was fantastic.
I’ll take it! Especially when you hear how quickly you’ll have this ready to go.
Today’s spicy maple glazed salmon recipe is inspired by a salad I woke up thinking about the other day. I can’t recall where it’s from, I don’t know what else it contained, but all I know is that it had the most tender and flaky piece of salmon tossed is a sweet, smoky maple glaze. Am I the only one that wakes up things about food? Not like what you’re going to have for breakfast thirty minutes from now, but like what you ate last week and all the flavors you recall?
Salmon is nothing new around here. We’ve made it tons of different ways before like using it to make smoked salmon chowder.  But also for meal prep with my lemon roasted salmon , garlic butter baked salmon , firecracker , and crunchy garlic lemon pepper . The one thing all of these recipes have in common is that they’re all made in the oven and super fast. Don’t get me wrong, I love my pan-seared salmon  recipe just as much, but we all know why salmon is perfect for the oven right?
The clean-up is a breeze!
Scrunch up the foil and pray that it makes it into the basket, I mean trash can.
What’s in the spice rub for maple glazed salmon?
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- kosher salt
How to make spicy maple glazed salmon:
- combine the ingredients for the homemade rub
- brush the salmon with butter
- sprinkle with the rub
- brush with maple syrup
Tips for making maple glazed salmon:
- always be sure to buy fresh or high-quality salmon
- line your baking sheet with foil and make sure you spray the foil with cooking spray
- the general rule is to bake your salmon for 4-5 minutes for every 1/2 inch thickness
- check the doneness of your salmon with a fork; if it flakes, it’s done
How to make the roasted green beans with maple glazed salmon:
If you’d like to make the green beans you see in the pictures with my salmon recipe, all you need is 12 ounces of green beans that have been cleaned and dried. Pop them onto a large baking sheet, drizzle them with about 2 tablespoons of oil, a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, pop them into the 450ºF oven and let them roast for 8-9 minutes. Perfectly al dente and works with soooo much! This is what I usually serve with my oven roasted chicken  too.
What else you can serve with Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon?
Just about anything would go with this salmon recipe but here are some ideas:
- homemade mashed potatoes 
- autumn pearl couscous salad with butternut squash 
- corn and zucchini sauté 
- superfood broccoli salad 
- stuffed butternut squash salad 
- sweet potato casserole 
- roasted garlic Italian couscous salad 
- autumn lentil kale salad 
- black bean tomato avocado salad 
- moroccan chickpea quinoa salad 
- Mexican street corn salad 
- tomato and cucumber quinoa salad 
And there it is. Everything you need to know to make this easy breezy maple glazed salmon recipe at home! It’s seven simple ingredients, takes about 14 minutes to make from start to finish and those flavors, you’re going to loooooooooove this.
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon EACH: onion powder AND garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ¼ pounds salmon (cut into 3-4 pieces)
- PREP: Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven too 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray (or brush with a little oil) and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cayenne, onion powder, paprika, salt, and garlic powder.
- SALMON: Place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with the prepared seasoning. Bake the salmon for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Generally, you need to bake it about 4-5 minutes for every 1/2 inch of thickness. Remove from the oven, brush with the maple syrup and place back in the oven. Switch to the broiler setting and broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until bubbly and brown. Serve immediately with the salad.
- if you want this to be less spicy, use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or even a mild chili powder instead.