Peanut Butter Stuffed S’mores Bites
Summer time means s’mores time! But give my s’mores bites a try! NO campfire required and just 5 simple ingredients. And they’re easy to eat with just 1 hand. These s’mores bites are stuffed with peanut butter cups to make them EXTRA EXTRA special!
It’s summertime and that means just one thing, s’mores galore. This is the quickest 5 ingredient recipe that you’ll ever make in your life and did I mention that it’ll also be the tastiest? Yu-huh!
S’mores bring back lots of childhood memories for a lot of folks. Toasting marshmallows around a campfire, and stuffing one’s face with an insane amount of sugar. It’s what childhood is all about, right?
5 snappy ingredients and a mini muffin pan is all you need for my cute little s’mores cups. These are super fun to make with the little ones too and my favorite part? You can have these little s’mores treats anytime of the year. AND AND AND, you don’t have to go outside and get bitten by a thousand mosquitos! SCORE!
Would you believe this recipe started off regular s’mores bites before inspiration struck and a peanut butter cup landed smack dab in the middle of my graham cracker crust?
To be honest with you, i’m not the biggest fan on Hershey’s chocolate. Something about it just tastes really super fake to me. Plus it definitely doesn’t have enough chocolate and contains wayy too much sugar for my liking. Is it just me or have they change the ingredients? Because I absolutely do not remember Hershey’s being that sweet! So I thought of a BETTER alternative. Peanut butter cups to the RESCUE!
Though if you’re not a fan of peanut butter cups you could easily replace the chocolate with
some ANY OTHER kind… say a piece of DOVE chocolate? Mmm. rich, creamy, and sophisticated.
It totally kicks regular s’more in the butt and outta the ballpark!
Give these a try this weekend and bring them too all your summer BBQs, parties, and festivities. Did I mention they’re perfect for 4th of July? 5 ingredients. S’more. YES!
Just look at this, how can you resist?
P.S. Here is the mini muffin pan I used.
- 1 1/4 cup (9 sheets) graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 24 peanut butter cups, such as Reese's
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half (see note)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a mini muffin tray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin. In a medium bowl, combine the graham crackers, cinnamon, sugar, and melted butter.
- Divide the graham cracker mixture among the muffin cups. Press down to form shallows cups. Place a peanut butter cup in each muffin cup and top with a marshmallow.
- Bake the s'mores cups for 6-8 minutes or until the marshmallows start to brown at the top. For even more charred tops, let them sit under the broiler 1 minute, keeping a close eye on them as they will go from crisp to burnt in seconds! Let the s'mores cups cool for 15-20 minutes in the mini muffin pan before attempting to remove.
- I find the easiest way to cut marshmallows is to oil your scissors with either cooking spray or using a napkin dipped in oil. This helps cut the marshmallows without a mess.