One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
An easy to make one pot cheeseburger pasta that requires barely any dirty dishes and cooks up so quickly! This cheeseburger pasta is way better than the stuff you find in a box at the store. One-pot cheeseburger pasta is sure to be a hit with the cook and the family!
Hurray for one pot cheeseburger pasta meals that require very little work and please a crowd at the same time. Those are truly my favorite type of meals. Easy to make + crowd pleaser = a happy family.
Hello from chilly Toronto! Yes, i’m still on vacation in case you checked in here and are wondering.
Let me tell you, it’s REALLY cold for a girl that’s been in Houston for half her life! It’s been between the low 70’s – 50’s here. And some of us didn’t bring their cardigans. I was
slightly majorly bummed when I came to find out how cold (read: cool) the temperatures are here. Bummed because I had so many wardrobe possibilities that I can’t wear back in Houston. What a waste!
A big bowl of cheeseburger pasta would definitely cheer me (and warm me) up.
One-pot cheeseburger pasta starts in 1 large dutch oven or a deep skillet. Start by browning the ground beef with the aromatics – onions and garlic. Once the meat is browned, it’s as simple as tossing the last bit of ingredients in there and letting it simmer for 15-20 minutes. That. Is. It.
To make this cheeseburger pasta a little more waistline friendly, you can use ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, and low-fat cheddar cheese. And trust me, with all the flavor that’s packed in here, you won’t even be able to tell it’s skinny!
Grab a fork, it’s time to dig in!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey (lean or extra lean)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cups water
- 14 oz fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large pot or deep skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, ground beef, onions, and garlic. Season with the salt and pepper and sauté for 5 -7 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, pasta, mustard, ketchup, and red pepper flakes, cook for 13 - 16 minutes on low heat, until the pasta is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Use the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top along with the scallions and tomatoes, cover and let the cheese melt completely. Serve immediately.
- Recipe can easily be halved for a family of 4, but you may want to make the entire quantity as is makes for great leftovers.
- Recipe adapted from No. 2 Pencil
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.