An easy and delicious peach crisp! I mix up blueberries and peaches and top them with a buttery streusel-style topping. Delicious on its own or extra yummy with a little vanilla ice cream!
Here we are with a peachy peach crisp.
We’ve got a super summery blueberry peach crisp on the menu today! It’s that perfect time of the year between spring and summer when all the most delicious berries are painting the produce section with their beautiful hues. I wait eagerly for that little window of deliciousness when berries are at their sweetest and the price is at it’s best and then I go all into a full-on berry frenzy.
The sun has finally decided to show up in Houston, at least for this week and the temps are already just shy of 100. I’ve already got an unwanted watch tan line going and it’s not even officially summer yet. But at least I’ve got a warm cozy bowl of bubbly blueberry and peach crisp topped with a pecan and oat crumble on top that’s a little salty, a little sweet, and all delicious.
And just look at these beauties! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
The most wonderful thing about a classic blueberry or peach crisp is that it’s one of those dump and go recipes that require a minimum amount of work but feed a crowd. This crisp is sweet but not too sweet so that you can top it with vanilla ice cream which is a MUST DO in our house. I mean, WHY would you eat a crumble or crisp without ice cream? Talk about a cardinal sin.
There are 2 simple components to this recipe: 1.) the blueberry and peach mixture – which is just fresh berries and fresh peaches tossed together with a hint of lemon juice, some brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. 2.) is the salty, sweet, out-of-this-world delicious oats and pecan crumble. It’s chopped pecans (or walnuts if you please!), along with cold butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, a little flour, and last but not least, rolled oats. I love adding a little cinnamon to my blueberry peach crisps because it adds such a nice hint of spice to the whole thing. And let’s be honest a warm bowl of sweetened fruit with a crunchy, cinnamony crumble topped with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream is really all you need in life.
Are you picturing that vanilla ice cream slowly melting on a warm bed of crumble? I’m obsessed.♥
The oats are crunchy, the blueberries sweet. All things purple are pretty.
Peach crisp makes me feel all sorts of special. And yeah, you bet we polished off a plateful of the stuff in less than 120 seconds after the photo shoot was over.
blueberry and peaches:
- 24 ounces (~ 4 cups) fresh blueberries
- 5-6 medium fresh peaches, diced
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
oats and pecan crumble:
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- BLUEBERRY PEACHES: In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the blueberries and peaches. Spread the mixture evenly in a square baking dish. I used an 8x8 square dish.
- OATS + PECAN CRUMBLE: Add the pecans, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, and salt into a food processor. Pulse 2-3 times, stop the mixer, add in the rolled oats and pulse an additional 2-3 times. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- BAKE: Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the oats and pecan crumble turns golden and the blueberries are bubbling. If your crumble starts to brown too much, tent loosely with a piece of foil, I covered mine at 25 minutes and let it bake for a total of 35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream.
*Please note: the nutritional facts calculated are an estimate based on the ingredients i’ve used. If you’d like a more accurate count, please calculate them using the ingredients/brands you’ve used to prepare the recipe. The nutritional facts provided are for 10 servings.