A Holiday In The Woods Tablescape
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
This is how you turn any table into a simple, yet elegant tablescape! I’m using items that are easy to find so anyone can make this holiday in the woods tablescape!
Changing things up a little bit today!
With the rest of the year just being one big party (hello, only 15 days left in 2019 – what!), I wanted to step away from all of the focus being on just the food when you’re throwing a holiday party and show you how simple it is to deck out the table. Of course, you’ll also find a few recipes at the bottom of todays post for entertaining but today, I wanted to take a second to share how important it is to decorate the table if you’re hosting a Christmas or New Years Eve party this year! And guaranteed, even if you put a store-bought fruit platter or simple cheese board on this table (no shame in that,) it is sure to wow the guests because you went the extra mile to wrap it all in a pretty little bow!
I like to call this ‘a holiday in the woods tablescape.’ My goal was to keep all the decor on a budget, and a lot of what I’ve used you may already have at home! It’s a woodsy tablescape that’s easy enough for anyone to put together with fresh fruit (which doubles as an excellent snack for later, ha!) a festive green garland or two, and a few gold candlestick holders that you could use year-round as well!
What do you need to make a holiday in the woods tablescape?
- burlap table runner
- LED candles (you can control the flame and set it on a time!)
- green garland
- cloche (the trees I placed inside are available at all craft stores)
- wood candle coasters
- fresh pomegranates
If you’re planning a sit-down dinner and would like to add a place setting:
- Gold Flatware
- Salad plates
- Dinner plates
- Rosemary wreaths (you can also make these with fresh rosemary!)
How to make a holiday in the woods tablescape:
- The key is to start with a burlap runner. I picked one up from the craft store that is relatively inexpensive (use their online 40% off coupon for a deeper discount.) If you’ve already got a different neutral runner, you could use that as well.
- Then, layer the runner with a large garland. If it looks a little sparse, you can use faux green stems as fillers, a second garland, or even some fresh eucalyptus from the grocery store!
- Lay out the golden candlesticks in a zigzag pattern, alternating the sides of the large center garland. I bought two cloches, added in fake snow, and a cheapy tree from the craft store, and it just added to the whole theme.
- Add roughly 3-5 pomegranates to give the table a little color. You could use faux pomegranates as well.
- And last, put out those wood coasters (again, you can find these at almost any craft store) and place an LED candle on top. The ones I’ve linked are reasonably priced, you can control how bright you want the flames to be, and you can even set it on a timer to turn off automatically!
- Admire your handiwork!
Here are a few ideas on if you’re looking for what to serve:
- An epic cheeseboard
- Slow cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Hot chocolate bar party (totally on theme)
- Guacamole Salsa
- Garlic roll wreath
- Chipotle Chicken Taquitos
- Gruyere, mushroom, caramelized onion bites
- Parmesan Ranch Seasoned Pretzels
- Cowboy Caviar
- 5 Minute Blender Salsa
- Firecracker chicken meatballs
- Garlic Baked Brie
- Creamy Elotes dip
- French onion Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 5- minute creamy avocado dip
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Cheesy Wild Rice Chicken Fritters
- Hot Caramelized Onion Dip
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Christmas Crack (saltine toffee bark)
This was a tablescape round-up that I did with a great bunch of ladies over on my Instagram. Be sure to check them out!
I hope this gives you a little inspiration to get out a few decorations and put together a woodsy tablescape for your next holiday get together!
Shope the holiday int he woods tablescape:
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.