2020 My Favorite Things
2020 my favorite things is a yearly post where I share all the things I’ve loved during this year! These are practical, mostly everyday things that I use and love!
I can’t believe I’m writing the 2020 my favorite things post right now. It’s been a doozy of a year. A long yet weirdly, short year. A year where staying home 24/7 has gone from being highly uncomfortable to feeling almost normal.
Needless to say, the things in the 2020 my favorite things post are mostly all everyday items, with the exception of one, which is certainly a splurge item and one that I only use when I want to feel comfy yet regal in my loungewear. This year I went extra heavy on the loungewear and all the cozy things (I undoubtedly wasn’t the only one!)
2020 my favorite things:
- ¾ sleeve tunic – long tunics that cover the bum and high waisted leggings have probably never been in fashion as much as they have in 2020. This tunic is long, covers the tush, and is cozy! Perfect to wear while cooking, lounge around in, or run out to the grocery store in!
- Wireless Headphones – Wireless headphones have been around for a while, but never have I needed them like I have this year! With both hubby and I working from home, and with his work meetings blaring from his office (yes, even with the door closed), I find myself reaching for them almost every day!
- Perfume – Remember I mentioned a splurge item? Well, this would be it. This is my all-time favorite perfume, so much so that I wore it to my wedding! When I’m feeling low, I love spritzing on a bit of this perfume even if I’m walking around in bum wear. For whatever reason (maybe all the good memories I have attached to it?) It always puts me in a better mood.
- Antiwrinkle Day Cream – This moisturizer is giving my skin new life. I use it once I’ve washed my face with the cleanser in the morning, and it leaves my skin feel so soft and moisturized.
- Reusable Bags – I bought quite a few of these during the prime day sale, and they are so so good. They come in all different sizes and are reusable. You can wash them in the dishwasher, use them in the microwave, store cut-up produce in them in the refrigerator, and if you sous vide stuff, the bags will work for that too!
- Fabric Defuzzer – Okay, this might have become a favorite item because I have way too much time on my hands lately! But this fabric shaver (defuzzer) is great if you’ve got sweater fuzz you want to get rid of. But my favorite use for it is using it to de-fuzz my sectional that piles! I’ve used it on other linens too, works like a charm.
- House slippers – These are the best house shoes of 2020! They are slip and go and hold your foot in and keep them warm too. I’m a true size 8 and should have gone with a medium (instead of the large I purchased.) Mine are just a teeny tiny bit big on me, but they’re house shoes, so I didn’t bother exchanging!
- Birkenstocks – I have lived in mine! These are great for running errands and pretty much everything else. With Texas weather, I get use out of them year-round!
- Quilted Pullover – This is a recent purchase that I made for layering for our upcoming trip to Colorado. I own another pullover by the same company and am so in love with it! The brand does run small, so I highly recommend sizing up (at least one size, and two if you want an oversized fit!)
- Pizza Steel – This pizza steel makes the best pizzas right in your oven! It’s the steel I use for my no-knead pizza dough recipe, and I am telling you, you can get pizza parlor pizza right in your own oven with this thing! It’s also great for baking crusty loaves of bread if you’re a bread baker.
- Faux Linen Blackout Curtains – I loved these curtains so much I bought them for almost every room in the house! These blackout curtains are a steal at that price and are of great quality! We have super tall windows, and these are less than $50 for a 120-inch panel (and that’s pretty much unheard of!)
- Colombian Coffee – This has become our favorite coffee this year. I usually buy whole beans and use my favorite burr grinder to grind the beans. I use a Chemex, and hubby uses a French press, so whole beans work well for us, but it does come ground as well.
- Peppermill – on the list of top 5 favorite purchases this year! I know, I’m getting old when I get excited about a peppermill in my 30s, but hey, it’s fun, and you only need one hand to grind your pepper!
- Joggers – I bought these during the Nordstrom sale, and they are comfy, comfy, comfy! In fact, I have them on right now as I’m typing this.
- 7/8 Leggings – These leggings are just the right length if you want to show off your ankles. I love the attention to detail with the flattering rounded cut at an ankle. They look great with my favorite converse sneakers.
- CC+ Cream – This is the only foundation I put on anymore! This is one that you’ll find was on my list from last year and will be for years to come. With the buildable coverage, you can wear it every day or for special occasions!
- Garment Steamer – 2020 is the year I officially gave up ironing! I’ve gone through quite a few handheld steamers, and this one has to be my favorite. The water tank is sufficient, so it doesn’t run out after steaming a couple of items. And rarely do I have to pass over a section more than once.
- Pedicure Foot File – I don’t know about you, but my trips to the nail salon have been cut back significantly. Gone are my once a month pedicures, and my feet were looking rough for a hot minute there. This pedicure foot file is perfect to use once you’ve soaked your feet in warm water (or after a shower/bath) for an at-home pedicure! I love using this moisturizer on my feet afterward (it makes my feet look so polished.) Bonus points if you moisturize and wear socks to bed, you’ll wake up with brand new feet!
- No Show Socks – A friend introduced me to these socks, and I haven’t looked back since! They come in a few different colors and fit great on your feet. I’m a size 8, and the small works for me.
- White Tennies – cute tennis shoes that pretty much match with anything and everything! I bought my usual 8 in these. They are true to size and very comfortable for walking out of the box.
- Eye/Head Massager – Okay, this is actually a heated eye massager. It’s to help relieve dark circles and bags under your eyes, but recently I’ve started pushing it up to my head over the temples, and what do you know, it works great for that too! Cures a light headache too!
- The Best Bra – I have saved the best for last! This has to be my number 1 best purchase of the year. This is a wire-free bra that gives you the comfort and support you need to wear this every day! I loved it so much, I ended up buying 5 more and raved about it to everyone I know! Seriously, even if you’re skeptical about it, try it out. It will change your life. The size chart is a little difficult to find, so hint, as a 36B (interchangeable with 34C), I wear a size medium. If you look at the image carousel under ‘from the manufacturer’ the carousel’s second image has a size chart to guide you. It’s just hidden!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it! Until next time 🙂
Great ideas. Love that one handed pepper mill! I have already ordered 2 of them. Thanks.
So glad you got that pepper mill, Chris! We are obsessed! 🙂