An easy french toast recipe that’s made with eggnog! Eggnog french toast is quick and easy to whip up. You can make the batter for it up to 24 hours in advance and just fry up the toast in the morning. This is the perfect Christmas morning breakfast!
I absolutely adore french toast! Do you?
But up until recently I had never tried eggnog before. *Gasp*. I know, right? It’s just never occurred to me to give it a try. It always looks so thick and goopy gloppy. What’s worse is when you ask someone to describe it to you. They never make it sound very appealing. And I think the people that love eggnog vs.
hate dislike eggnog is a pretty even split. While you won’t catch me drinking any eggnog, (like, ever) you WILL see me munching down on some eggnog french toast with my coffee, that’s for sure!
How good is this stuff? Yummers. I took thick Texas (hiya!) Toast and dunked it in the most simple, creamy, smells-like heaven, luxurious eggnog batter, fried up to golden brown perfection on the griddle, and topped with with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream.
Oh my lanta! This stuff is so yummy.
If you’re a regular around here, you know that when it comes to trying new food, the hubby is not the first one to get in line. He came home one evening saying that the apartment smelled delicious. When I told him what it was, I got the hairy eyeball. I nudged him to give it a try. Guess what? It happened again. He liked it. So much so that a piece of eggnog french toast was packed and given to him for what he calls ‘lunch dessert’ for the next day.
My love for this french toast is torn between the soft pillowy, sweet bites of french toast and the cinnamon whipped cream smeared all over. I’ve kept the whipped cream in the pictures to a normal amount. This however is NOT how I ate my french toast. Guess who’s going to be doing extra time at the gym this week? This gal.
May your holidays be merry and filled with Eggnog French Toast for Christmas morning breakfast!
- For the French Toast:
- 2 cups eggnog
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 12 slices of Texas toast (or French bread)
- butter for the griddle
- For the cinnamon whipped cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat an electric griddle to 35o degrees F. In a large mixing bowl combine using a whisk the eggnog, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until completely blended. Toast the Texas toast on the lightest setting of your toaster (this is optional). Grease the electric griddle with a tablespoon or so of butter. Dip the bread slices in the eggnog batter on each side, use a fork to piece a few holes so the mixture gets in. Transfer to griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown then flip and cook opposite side until golden.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, start slow and then continue to mix at high speed until stiff peaks form.